The spiritual administration of Cagsaua from 1587 to 1595 was under the Parish of Camalig. An early church was burned, 25 July 1636, by the Dutch who ransacked the towns bordering Legaspi Bay. This Church built after 1724 by Fray Francisco Blanco, O. F. M., was buried by rocks and lava during the eruption of Mayon Volcano, 1 February 1814. The authorities of Cagsaua meeting at Ligao, 6 july 1814 decided to incorporate their town as part of Daraga. The first centenary of the destruction of the church was commemorated 1 February 1914, with a huge pilgrimage to the Ruins where high mass was celebrated.